Strata Insurance

People or bodies who own buildings with common areas and facilities should consider Strata insurance. This includes townhouses, units, apartments and commercial complexes. Strata insurance protects you if these areas are damaged or an injury occurs and the Owners Corporation / Body Corporate is sued.

Who is it for?

Every State requires residential strata insurance, therefore anyone who is part of an Owner’s Corporation in an apartment, flat, unit, townhouse or duplex must take out a policy. It is also recommended for business owners who operate in strata buildings. 

Strata Managers and Insurance Brokers are available to assist Owners’ Corporations with arranging cover and managing claims.

What does it cover?

The building, shared property and contents owned by the Owners’ Corporation can be covered by Strata insurance, and varies based on the location and amount of shared property. It can cover:

  • Car parks
  • Ceilings
  • Common areas
  • Floors
  • Lifts
  • Shared contents including lawnmowers and washing machines
  • Swimming pool

What doesn’t it cover?

There are some Exclusions where cover is not provided and in addition, there is often a deductible/excess. Limits and Conditions also apply. Please feel free to contact us to find out more.


Strata Insurance Brochure